So it’s a scorching 40 degrees outside and you are stuck in the office, so what do you do?
- Turn the air conditioning ON! (If you have one) If not a desk fan really does wonders.
- Wear deodorant and bring some in your bag. No one wants to sit next to the stinky body odour guy.
- Wear lightweight and light coloured clothes. Opt for cotton, linen and other natural fibres that help absorb moisture.
- Run your wrists under a cold tap for about 5 seconds, it will cool your veins and blood.
- DRINK WATER! It’s easy to forget about that h2o so remember to keep yourself hydrated.
- Avoid alcohol! It will dehydrate you.
- Plan ahead and bring your lunch, you want to stay away from the heat as much as possible. (Tip: Spicy food actually stimulates heat receptors in your mouth, enhancing circulation and cooling your body.